Friday, February 17, 2012

A New Season of Ministry


This blog has been silent too long!

But the silence has not been reflective of a life that has been still and static.  Far from it! The past few months have been an amazing experience of watching God at work crafting new opportunities and relationships for Anita and me so that now, we see ourselves emerging into a new season of personal ministry.

One of the best experiences a few months ago after stepping down from my CEO role at Partners International, was to accept the challenge of a friend to sit down and write out a new personal mission and vision document. “Whatever you do,” he said, “be intentional about pursuing what you’re both passionate about and good at doing. Say ‘No’ to everything else.”

Following that advice and then watching God open up unexpected doors of ministry involvement, I find myself launching into a ministry of “advancing servant partnership networks in the global Christian community.” I’ve labeled my endeavors Servant Link

Already I have coaching and consulting opportunities that will help national ministry leaders:

·         Build greater capacity for their ministries through organizational development training
·         Create greater effective use of strategic resources such as mission aviation and IT services
·         Start using exciting new ministry technologies that utilize social media for evangelism and discipleship
·         Receive biblical stewardship orientation that could create a whole new era of local fundraising.

As a ministry foundation for Servant Link, I am happy to announce Anita and I have just been accepted by OC International (www.onechallenge.org) as new staff members. This will allow us to work out of our home office, continue receiving personal support donations through OC while becoming part of a team of highly gifted men and women known for their passion of promoting partnership in missions.


As we venture into this third chapter of our ministry career, I’ve decided to make this blog a window into the mission world.  My personal goal will be to have a regular, weekly blog post with a brief presentation of the most interesting and/or exciting thing I’ve heard about recently happening in the mission world .  My hope is that this can become a means for all to share in the global adventure that is occurring as God’s servants faithfully pursue His Great Commission.

Under His wings,

Jon

1 comment:

  1. Great news Jon. I'm delighted to hear of this direction for your lives. I would enjoy hearing more...

    Blessings, Dave Bochman

    ReplyDelete